Software Engineer II
Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. | Washington, DC United States | 2016-1IT
Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. is Hiring!
Software Engineer II
If you are an experienced SharePoint Developer looking for a position with a SharePoint consulting firm, Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. can help! Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. is looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team in making a difference with our commercial and government clients. You will be implementing cutting edge technical solutions for an established and expanding SharePoint 2013 program.
This position is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to have the best technology close at hand and/or available on demand, who enjoys working as a team with full soup to nuts development responsibility, likes having a smart group of people around to bounce ideas off of and to collaborate with, and generally wants to tinker around to get the best possible results. Plus, the work you do will have a meaningful outcome.
As the Software Engineer II on our team, you will be responsible for building business processes and solutions in SharePoint. You will design, program, debug and modify business system processes and develop a complete end-to-end solution. Completing documentation and procedures for application support will be required.
In order to be successful in this role, we expect that the qualified candidate will have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 8+ years’ experience and strong skills in SharePoint, 2 years’ experience in SharePoint 2013
- Work independently to analyze and provide solutions for simple to moderate sized system or data related issues
- Assist in analyzing and solving complex system issues
- Develop and maintain interfaces and batch processing for business applications
- Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Agile development processes and methodologies
- Proven ability to function well in a team environment
- May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications; and to verify successful implementation of requested changes.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity and to consider Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. for your career. We look forward to talking with you about this position!
Why Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. for your Career?
- We invest in the pursuit of interesting and challenging work. We have built our success by seeking out and solving highly complex business problems, anticipating and delivering creative solutions to meet emerging needs, and providing our customers with optimal and sustainable business value. We set the bar high for ourselves as a business and for our employees.
- We are looking for employees with ambition, who aspire to achieving big goals, who seek to make a positive and real impact on our clients’ success. We are seeking those with the knowledge, the curiosity, the insight, the engagement, the humility, and the determination to succeed.
- In return, we offer the opportunity to work with a group of similarly motivated individuals, who bring their unique backgrounds, achievements, work and life experience to bear on tough problems, creating an environment where great ideas are made and thrive. We support our employees with professional development opportunities from the perspective of both training and the ability to gain hands on experience in new areas.
- Most importantly, our leaders and employees understand what collaboration, dedication, and teamwork really means and demonstrates that knowledge through their actions every day. Bring your best – there is no limit to what you can achieve here!
All benefits are effective 1st Day of the Month from Date of Hire or Coincident with Day 1 of your employment with Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person that is a part of our organization. We offer exciting, challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- 10 Paid Company Holidays Annually
- 15 days a year of Paid Time Off (PTO) Annually for new employees (accrued)
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription Drug, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Tuition Assistance & Professional Certification Support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work arrangements, where possible
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: AKGcareers@akgroup.com
Applied Knowledge Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. We conduct drug testing both pre and post-employment. We also participate in E-Verify.